The key to build a habit:
1. fina a simple and obvious cue: make sure the cue triggers a new habit.
2. clearly define the rewards: make sure the subjects appreciate the rewards.
3. connect the cue and rewards (routine): cravings. craving means that when people see cues, they already think about the rewards. cravings push people to act to get the rewards.
McDonald? Starbucks? IPhone? IPad? Facebook?
Ask yourself, how many times a day do you flip your iphone? at what situation? what applications you check on it?
Build my own study habit:
1. cue: first thing after work.
2. reward: a television show.
3. think about the release after watching television shows to make craving.
why people check facebook multiple times a day? they are craving. everytime they check facebook, they want to see something related to them being updated. If they didn't find update, they keep checking.
eventually, this behavior becomes a habit. in this scenario, update is a craving. this craving makes them facebook additive
push message (craving to distraction) is a key to mobile service.
text message: craving